Submitted by the San Diego Sheriff's Department
Take a good look at the attached surveillance photos- this man is wanted by the Sheriff's Department in connection with three ATM robberies in Santee.
The first incident happened January 16 just before 11 p.m. Armed with a gun, the suspect approached a man at a Mission Federal Credit Union ATM on Town Center Parkway and demanded money.
The second incident happened on January 21 at the same location. The suspect approached a woman and placed a hand into his waistband simulating he had a weapon. The woman ran to her car and the suspect drove away.
A third incident happened, also on January 21, at a Wells Fargo ATM on Jamacha Road in unincorporated El Cajon. The suspect had a gun and approached a man demanding money. He then grabbed the money and drove away.
The suspect was seen driving away in a white four-door car with body damage.
Remember, the suspect in this case is armed with a gun. If you see him, do not approach him- call 911.
Anyone with information about this case can call the Sheriff's non-emergency line at (858) 565-5200. You can remain anonymous and be eligible for up to a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. Call Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.
ATM SAFETY TIPS
- Choose an ATM carefully and use common sense.
- Avoid ATMs in dark or remote areas or where people seem to be loitering. Walk away if you notice something suspicious.
- Use an ATM located inside an open business whenever possible.
- Be aware of your surroundings, particularly at night. Always be aware of suspicious persons or vehicles in the area of the ATM. Trust your gut feeling. If things don’t feel right, avoid that ATM.
- Have your ATM card in your hand as you approach the ATM. When you collect your cash, immediately put it into your pocket or purse and count it later in private. Take your receipt and keep moving. The idea is to give a would-be robber less time to target you and steal your cash, wallet or purse.
- If a robber demands your money, don’t argue or fight with the suspect. Note the robber’s description and give the robber the money.
- Get away as soon as it is safe to do so. Remember the money is not worth getting hurt over