The United States Postal Service is gearing up for the busy holiday shipping season and offering some expanded hours at select locations to help you get your packages out.
"With extended hours, at select locations, and several easy and convenient alternatives to purchase postal products and services, the U.S. Postal Service is making it easier to ship packages to family and friends for the holidays," a press release from the USPS says.
In San Diego County, there are a total of only nine locations that will offer two special Sunday openings-- and though Lemon Grove's post office is not on the list, there are two close options for you to consider: La Mesa, about 5 miles east, and Santee, about 9 miles north.
On Sunday, Dec. 9 and Sunday, Dec. 16, you can visit the following San Diego County locations from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- La Mesa/Spring Valley Post Office: 10174 Austin Dr., Spring Valley, CA 91977
- Santee Post Office: 9518 Mission Gorge Rd., Santee, CA 92071
- Chula Vista Post Office: 750 3rd Ave., Chula Vista, CA 91910
- Encinitas Post Office: 1150 Garden View Rd., Encinitas, CA 92024
- Oceanside Main Post Office 1895 Avenida Del Oro, Oceanside, CA 92056
- Pacific Beach Post Office: 4640 Cass St., San Diego, CA 92109
- Midway Post Office: 2535 Midway Dr., San Diego, CA 92110
- Mira Mesa Post Office: 9051 Mira Mesa Blvd., San Diego, CA 92126
- Carmel Mountain Postal Store: 11251 Rancho Carmel Dr., San Diego, CA 92128
Remember to also check out the 2012 Seasonal Shipping & Mailing Deadlines for Holiday Packages.