Happy Monday, Patch peeps!
I’m feeling refreshed after a fun and relaxing 10 days away visiting family and friends on both coasts. As you can see from the photo, I literally was collecting seashells by the seashore.
Many thanks to intern Christine Domingo for covering Lemon Grove while I was gone. She posted some great stories about some of the exciting stuff going on around town—the , , —and brought back the weekly Sheriff's Blotter.
It’s hard to believe summer is almost halfway over. But there is still plenty to look forward to—and lots of warm weather ahead. Here's a look at some upcoming events. Best of all, each event is free.
1) continues its six-week run Thursday with a perfomance from the Cat-illacs. The concert is free, and starts at 6:30 p.m. at Berry Street Park.
2) The city celebrates the official start of construction on the Main Street Promenade project with a groundbreaking ceremony from 3 to 4 p.m. Thursday, 3500 Main St.
3) A is offered at 10 a.m. Friday and 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the Lemon Grove Library.
4) The city will sponsor a Summer Clean Up Day from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 28 at Civic Center Park. Residents can take advantage of this opportunity to rid their homes of all sorts of unwanted materials, from appliances to furniture.
5) Movies in the Park will feature Dolphin Tale starting at sunset Aug. 25 at the Lemon Grove Recreation Center. Bring chairs or a blanket, and a picnic. A snack bar will be open with treats and refreshments for sale.