It’s another three day weekend! Roll out the grills, put on your bathing suits and get ready for lots of action in the sky—it’s the Fourth of July!
We celebrate Independence Day on Monday, which means plenty of fireworks happening around San Diego. We’ve got the best places to plant your chair and watch the spectacular shows, both in town and around the county.
Though fireworks might be the main event this holiday weekend, there are other red, white and blue activities for the family, like festivals and free breakfasts. So break out Old Glory and prepare for family fun during the extended weekend.
Click the links for more details.
BEST BETS CLOSE TO HOME
- When/where: , 8472 Blossom Ln., Lemon Grove, 8 a.m. Monday.
- Why go: Salute our nation’s independence during a flag-raising ceremony and enjoy a pancake breakfast.
- Price: Free.
- When/Where: , 1345 Skyline Dr, Lemon Grove, 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
- Why go: Honor our military veterans and 9/11 heroes and enjoy a breakfast. You can also check out a piece of the World Trade Center acquired by the Lemon Grove Fire Department.
- Price: Free (Barbecue is free to all military guests).
- When/where: , 5540 Kiowa Drive, La Mesa, 9 p.m. Monday.
- Why go: Watch fireworks and their reflection with your family by your side.
- Price: Free, but donations are encouraged for future firework shows.
BEST BETS, A LITTLE FARTHER OUT
- When/where: , 9409 Cuyamaca St., Santee, 3:30 – 9:30 p.m. Monday.
- Why go: Listen to a variety of live music, munch on some all-American food, let the kids run around and play, and watch the sky light up.
- Price: Free.
- Where/when: The Del Mar Fairgrounds, 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd., Del Mar, 9 p.m. Monday
- Why go: Say farewell to the county fair with REO Speedwagon, who kicks off the night with a free concert (with purchase of a fair ticket) followed by a firework show at 9 p.m. Stick around to ride your favorite rides one last time, as the fair is open until midnight.
- Price: Free with a purchase of a fair ticket ($7-$13.)
- Where/when: USS Midway, 910 N. Harbor Drive., San Diego, 6 p.m. Monday
- Why go: What better way to celebrate Independence Day than on an aircraft carrier that fought for our freedom? Celebrate the night with games, food, eating contests and of course, fireworks. Sit on the flight deck with a cooler and your family and enjoy the show.
- Price: $10-$15.