Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. —Albert Camus
Ah, autumn. Your blushing leaves and crisp nights fill us with the anticipation of so many good things to come.
Today is the autumnal equinox, which means day and night are roughly equal length everywhere around the world. (Sunset is at 6:52 tonight, by the way.) As we bid adieu to summer to greet the start of fall, there is much to celebrate—from Halloween parties to the promise of sweater weather.
With the new season in mind, here are the top 10 reasons to love Lemon Grove this fall:
10) We’ve got an awesome fall festival at St. John of the Cross Catholic Church featuring three days of carnival rides, fantastic foods, music and dance.
9) Gingerbread lattes and pumpkin pastries at Starbucks. Yum!
8) Firefighter flapjacks at the annual Lemon Grove Fire Department Pancake Breakfast and Open House. They really know how to serve up a hot stack.
7) A Spooktacular time at the library with a magic show and costume contest for Halloween.
6) Trolley Dances performs two consecutive weekends at Civic Center Park.
5) Back to school fun on each campus with parents’ nights and fall festivals.
4) The Lemon Grove Historical Society barbecue celebrating all things horsey to kick off the Parsonage Museum’s new exhibit, “The Great Mission Rancho Horse Show & Rodeo, 1941-1957."
3) Best Climate on Earth? Even better in autumn.
2) Seasons change, but the Big Lemon is always bright and sunny.
1) Community Bonfire right around the corner!