.

Child May Have Accidentally Caused Apartment Fire

A young child moved a lit candle to an unsafe location, sparking an apartment fire in Spring Valley, authorities said today.

A young child moved a lit candle to an unsafe location, sparking an apartment fire in Spring Valley, authorities said today.

The noninjury fire at 9034 Kenwood Drive erupted shortly before 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to San Diego County sheriff's Sgt. Julio Sandoval.

The fire started in a top floor back bedroom of a two-story apartment unit, the sergeant said in a statement.

A damage estimate was pending.

Deputies helped evacuate residents while firefighters put out the blaze, Sandoval said, noting the American Red Cross was called to assist affected residents.

-- City News Service  

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »