.
News Alert
Water Restriction in Place Countywide

Teen Dies After Learning How to 'Pass Out'

A 15-year-old Chula Vista boy suffered major injuries and died Tuesday after watching a video online that taught him how to intentionally pass out.

A teen died Tuesday as a result of injuries from learning how to "pass out," police said.

According to the Chula Vista Police Department, the boy and two of his friends were watching a video online that taught them how to intentionally pass out. After imitating the video, the boy passed out and fell face first into a glass tumbler. One of the chards of glass cut his neck.

Chula Vista police and firefighters responded to an emergency call around 7 p.m. Tuesday in the 1200 block of Old Janal Ranch Road near Otay Lakes Road.  He was taken to Children's Hospital but later died as a result of the injuries.

There is no indication that drugs or alcohol played a role in the incident.

"While videos depicting this type of activity are available from various internet sources, all present the risk of serious injury or death if attempted," stated authorities in a press release. "Parents are encouraged to discuss these risks with their children."

Mike G September 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM
What can you say but "tragic"? My condolences to his family.
LemonGroove September 26, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Wow, what a stupid, stupid, kid.
Ed Sorrels September 28, 2012 at 06:16 AM
Lemon, They give you a format and you use it like that, I would think that his parents don't feel that way about him. My condolences to his family and friends, It is a sad time!

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »