If you're yearning for a taste of the great outdoors, the county has most every environment to explore—from mountains to deserts to wetlands.
This week's Readers' Choice poll wants to know your favorite place to take a hike. Here are some of our favorites. If we've left yours off the list, let us know in the comments and we'll add it:
- Mission Trails Regional Park. Boating, camping, guided nature walks, a state-of-the-art visitor and interpretive center, and more than 40 miles of hiking trails. I know the spot with a place in my heart.
- Chollas Lake Park. The 16-acre park offers a nearly one-mile loop around the lake ideal for walking, running and biking.
- Sweetwater County Park. The setting boasts 16 miles of trails for hiking, biking and horseback riding.
- Tijuana River National Estuarine Research Reserve. More than 370 species of avians makes the bird walk a popular outdoor destination for the whole family. Five trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding.
- San Diego National Wildlife Refuge. The popular “Hike with a Ranger” program explores coastal sage brush, and the threatened and endangered wildlife unique to Southern California.
Each week, we’ll feature a new Readers' Choice 2012 poll to find out who you think does it best. You'll have a chance to weigh in on everything from food and sports to boutiques and party spots.
Voting in the poll below is open until 9 a.m. Friday. Ties will be broken by whichever business has the most positive comments in the section below. We will announce the winner at noon Friday.
While you’re hanging out at Patch, check out our Places business directory—and stick around to write a review and provide a rating of your favorite place.
Do you own a business in Lemon Grove? Connect with customers by claiming your Patch directory listing! Here are to claiming your listing. We've even got a video from out sister site Holliston Patch that shows you how to do it in one minute.
(Editor’s note: Because this poll is not scientific, it is not the sole consideration in choosing a winner. The winner will be determined by the Patch editor, based on poll results and reviews on Patch Places. Please vote only once per survey, per Patch.)