The Lemon Grove Historical Society is partnering with Palm Middle School to raise funds to send eighth graders on a trip to Washington, D.C., in March. What is traditionally an annual journey for schools across the nation is believed to be a first for the Lemon Grove School District.
There are several ways you can help:
- Go to the College Grove Rubio's, 3406 College Ave., on Nov. 3 between 2 p.m. and closing and present the attached flyer, and Rubio's will donate 20 percent of your order total to this cause. You can dine there, take food to go, or pick a Rubio's a-Go-Go catering order.
- Buy a $10 Domino's Pizza voucher and Domino's will donate 60 percent of your order total to the cause. Vouchers are available in the Parsonage Museum on Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., as well as the Nov. 3 lecture in the H. Lee House Cultural Center.
- A rummage sale will be held Nov. 19 in the parking lot by the Parsonage Museum offering great bargains and collectibles. To donate items, call the museum at 619-460-4353.
- Buy Gold Canyon Holiday Candles by Oct. 31 from the historical society or . For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Palm Middle School email@example.com.
- Send a tax-deductible donation payable to Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation and write on the memo line “LGSD Wash. DC trip.” Mail checks to the Jacobs Center, 404 Euclid Avenue, San Diego, CA 92114.
Lemon Grove’s eighth graders are poised to move on to high school and this trip will cap two years of history courses in U.S. and world history. Each year, the students participate in the historical society's 8th Grade History Essay Competition , and this year’s topic the U.S. debt ceiling.